Red Plains Professional Inc. (RPP) is seeking qualified, licensed civil engineers, designers, and drafters to support our existing Midwest and Western US service area in our Vancouver-WA, Edmond-OK, and Hurricane-UT offices. In-office employment is preferred but telecommuting or hybrid arrangements may also be considered depending on the candidate. Client/Project management-level engineers, to designers, to civil drafters, with five plus years-experience will be considered for employment.
In order to be successful, this candidate should feel comfortable taking on many tasks that require various skills, and appropriately prioritizing those tasks’ completion. You must be a self-starter with the ability to manage your assigned workload without significant oversight. Personal integrity, good communication skills, and a positive attitude are a must.
RPP is a relatively small close-knit firm that takes pride in providing the best in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, GIS, and Construction Management Services. We are looking to add to our team’s capacity as a firm, and continue our current level of “second-to-none” service to our established client base. Join our professional team and experience a different level of “team” and healthy company culture, in a collaborative firm filled with professionals with properly set priorities, values, and ethics. Candidates are first screened by their ability and desire to fit our company culture, then narrowed down based on skill and experience level.
We offer excellent benefits for full-time salary and hourly team members. Compensation will be determined based on your position and experience and will be further evaluated based on production ability. Hit the ground running and allow your career and role at RPP to expand.
• Development of project work plans and scopes of work.
• Prepare fee proposals and track and manage project budgets and invoicing.
• Design skills on roads, parking lots, sites, grading, drainage, water and sewer.
• Produce project deliverables including technical memoranda, design plans and specifications, technical reports, full PS&E packages and bid documents.
• Prepare supporting calculations, construction specifications, and permitting in various jurisdictions.
• Prepare construction cost models and engineer’s opinion of probable cost for projects through various stages of development.
• Manage and design development and redevelopment projects for municipal and private clients.
• Participate in proposal presentations and project interviews.
• Administer quality assurance for project deliverables.
• Provide project oversight and schedule monitoring.
• Construction observation and coordination with construction contractors.
• Maintain effective communications with clients and project teams.
• Ensure that the staff resources are deployed in a productive and profitable manner.
• Conduct regular meetings to ensure that project needs are balanced with staff availability.
• Collaborate with other team leaders to assist on multi-disciplinary project pursuits.
• Self-directed practitioner with strong project management and project delivery skills.
• Ability to supervise staff, bid projects, and develop project technical deliverables.
• Outstanding client and personnel skills and the ability to communicate clearly at all levels.
• Technical expert with outstanding team building, writing, proposal development, and cost estimating.
• Must be able to work effectively as a team leader in a group environment and maintain positive relationships with team members and clients.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, StormCAD, HEC-RAS, and other Drainage and Flood Control software.
• Ability, and willingness to travel to project sites.
• Experience with state and region technical specifications and standards.
• Knowledge of Federal Contracting with the BIA and FHWA is a plus.
• Knowledge of the Tribal Transportation Program is a plus.
• ABET accredited Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering.
• For Professional Engineering (PE) candidates we are seeking licensure in one or all (NCEES, WA, OR, OK, NM, AZ, UT, CA, AK, NV, TX).
• Minimum of five plus years of progressive experience with an emphasis in civil design including drainage, utility, roadway / transportation design.
• Experience with drainage and utility reports.
• Experience working with tribal, private, and municipal clients.
• Experience and understanding of local, regional, state and federal policies, programs and procedures.
• 401(k) w/company match
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Flexible schedule
• Professional development assistance
Job Type: Full-time, Monday to Friday
• RPP hires based on the candidate’s ability, while providing preference to Native Americans.
• Email your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter expressing your desired roll at RPP. We need no addtional recruiting help.
• All candidate submittals and hiring discussion will be CONFIDENTIAL.
• We will obtain your approval to check references prior to doing so if we get to that point in discussions.
360-448-7999 | www.red-plains.com
* Email me a resume, salary requirements, and cover letter expressing your desired roll at RPP.
**All candidate submittals and hiring discussion will be CONFIDENTIAL. We will obtain your approval to check references prior to doing so if we get to that point in discussions.
RPP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Human Resources Contact: